How to choose the Best Kitchen Knives
Kitchen knives come in a wide range of quality. At the very low end you can find cheap kitchen knives bulk-made in factories, with plastic handles and it normally was produced with a low grade material. On the other hand there are carefully crafted beauties that gleam with premium material and workmanship such as these Japanese knives and German knives like Dalstron.
Price vs Quality
You may be sure that the price also differs greatly with the quality of the kitchen knives. This doesn’t mean that you can’t find a good knife set among the cheap ones.
In fact, there are several cheap knife sets on Amazon that are pretty good for their price, such as this best knife set under $100. The highest rated kitchen knives are not always the most expensive ones too.
Kitchen Knives Set vs Single Knife
You may buy whole sets of kitchen knives that usually come with a knife block. You may buy your knives separately. Both methods have advantages and disadvantages, so we’ll look at the pros and cons here:
Buying your kitchen knives in a set
- Usually cheaper than getting them individually
- All the knives will have the same design and handles
- Most knife sets come with a block, kitchen shears, and sometimes a honing steel
Cons: You may not use all the knives in the entire set
Buying your kitchen knives separately
- You can buy only the types of knives that you need, selected from the top kitchen knives
- You can optimize your budget, i.e. invest more in one best kitchen knife that you use regularly
- You can add extra knives to your collection only when you need them
Cons: You may have to find a suitable knife block or seek other means to store your kitchen knives
Both methods are simply personal preference, and you should also choose according to your budget.
Check out this on Amazon: